Friday 30 April 2010

And 17 years later....

here we still are!

It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow and it will be our 17th! I have no idea where the time has gone at all, god I sound old.....

So I thought I'd dig some of the old photos out and share with you, I think we had THE best dressed most handsome guests ever, when I trawled through them today I really struggled to find just a few that I liked and I know I didn't trawl through then all, so I'm afraid this post is a bit graphic heavy, however I think you'll enjoy a look back into the past!!

So up first me and Paul on our big day!


We're not being arty these shots were done in B&W originally, obviously we have lots of colour but for some reason the B&W look better, more glam!



Aren't these some of the best dressed, best looking guests you ever saw?!! They include our best mates Lisa & Bloater - Lisa is the stunning tall blonde, Bloater is next to her. Good friends who we don't see as often are Gary & Karen, Karen is in the lovely suit, Gary has his hands in his pockets.

This one is at the reception which turned out to be an all dancing, all drinking affair! We had the Jive Aces playing and I got up to sing, Paul played the trumpet & pretty much any other guest who was a musician got up for a couple of songs, it was pretty crowded up there!


I love this one, everyone looks so cool! Lisa is on the left, Debbie was my bridesmaid, Ken her husband, Pat & Lee looking cool!



And a few more guest shots that I love! I know I have so many more but this is a nice selection!

Our very good friends Kev and Ellie, still good friends all these years later!


Gary & Dave looking like they're waiting outside a prison not a church!!


Roy turned up in his convertible!

We hired a cute caddy for our wedding car!









So here I am sharing again, the anniveraries this week have made me all sentimental! I'll be back to my old self next week!

8 comments:

Helen Highwater said...

Oh wow, what a FABULOUS wedding!!! Everyone looks amazing!!!

(and the Jive Aces? I didn't know they'd been going that long!)

(and I've just realised who Young Paul reminds me of - Young Boz Boorer!)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

They do don't they!

Oh god the Jive Aces had been going for years at that point too!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! You all look so fab!

Atomic Mama said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Lovely wedding photos too!

Yesterday Girl said...

Thanks for posting these, they are really lovely, and everyone looks amazing. The black and white group shots actually look like they were taken in the 50s! Happy Anniversary! x

Miss Matilda said...

Congratulations, here's to many more years xx

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks all!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful photos...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...