Monday 14 March 2011

Crafty Sunday & Bargain Hunting Monday!

Hey all hope you all had a good weekend!

I had a real take it easy day yesterday apart from a little bit of sewing, nothing special just needed to make a holder for both my new Blackberry and my Sat Nav. I never buy the proper cases, 1 because they're so blumming expensive and 2 they're always so ugly!

Now I have to confess I didn't make particularly pretty ones, I had a small piece of vintage barkcloth laying around that would be good for nothing else really but I also wasn't that keen on the pattern so I made my cases from them. I might remake out of something pretty when I find a small amount of material that I love!

First up, who needs Blackberry accessories when you have barkcloth!




Next up same barkcloth different view, different gadget!




Then today we had an appointment, well we thought we didn't need one but we did so when we arrived at the bank they then told us we would need an appointment! So we booked one and then used the spare hour to trudge round a few charity shops.

Guess what! We found more of the glasses we love, I couldn't believe it, I have never seen this design before, now everywhere we go we see it! However normally they are shot glasses and let's face it they aren't very useful, but today I found 6 lemonade size glasses super super cheap, much more useful, especially for a large G&T or rum & coke!




Such a great size and they now look fabulous with all the others in the cocktail cabinet, now if I could only find some wine size glasses in this design, I did see some on ebay but they really were overcharging by calling them art deco!!

Then in a basket on the floor in another charity shop we saw a fab cocktail tray so cheap it was untrue, well we just could not pass it up!


Cute huh? There are some great cocktail recipes on there too, I'm thinking I may try this one next time we do cocktails, although is looks rather strong!!

OH also got a great pair of shoes, they look new - but old - and so easy for him to walk in, which is a bonus as so many old shoes weigh a tonne and these don't, so he was amazingly happy!

13 comments:

Vix said...

What can I say? Brilliant makes. It's always good to see a bit of brakcloth being remade into something fabulous. Those glasses and that tray are both wonderful, I'd have snapped those up in a shot.
I hope you road test them later, it would be rude not to. xxx

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oh great deals! The glasses and tray match in color from what I can see!

Tasha said...

Wow, great finds! I have had the same experience with a particular design of jumping deer. We got an insanely great deal for 6 (or 8 I can't remember) glasses that fit in these spots in our bar that used to hold glasses we never used. Now I feel like I've seen this design two or three other times since! It's following us around!

doradadama said...

lucky finds,I have never seen brakcloth any Charity shops around here or cute glasses like the ones you find.I want one of those rooster trays. reminds of the rooster fights.

Unknown said...

wow great finds i love it when you find retro glasses there so many gorgeous designs out there and even better when there a bargin. Love the tray to ;-) Great makes i love barkcloth. Have a lovely week, dee x

Perdita Tinsel said...

Love that tray! What finds and makes, even on a quiet weekend!

Miss Magpie said...

OOOooh love the glasses! Excellent finds.

DearHelenHartman said...

Oh Barkcloth, is there anything you CAN'T make more hip and cool? Love the crafty project!

Tallulah May Vintage Socialite. said...

Love the tray and the glassess what a find lucky you.

Vintage Christine said...

Any cocktail tray with a bunch of drink recipes on it AND dueling roosters is a MAJOR find! Wow!!!!!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Ooh a full set of drinking glasses! Jealous! You know how I like my glassware :) Great tray too and gadget holders. You should make some of these using your fabric remnants for NK!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

ooh i love your blog...and you are adorable!!!! i am a follower for sure kitten!! Cat

Tara said...

Great finds and I adore your ingenious use for a barkcloth remnant! Fabulous idea! Great post! And keep the fun pictures coming!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...