Monday 16 May 2011

BAH!

I wrote a whole post, I just needed to get the pics, but for love nor money I can't seem to save pics for blogger at the moment! I have no idea if it's to do with the great blogger outage of 2011, wasn't that annoying?!!

I haven't lost my blogging mojo, honest, but I've been so busy catching up with laptop outtage and tomorrow I'm off to my Uncle's funeral which is on Wednesday, I won't be back til late Friday, we're doing a stall at a gig on Saturday night, so I'm thinking I won't be blogging again til Sunday, sorrreeeeeee!!!

Life just conspires against you sometimes doesn't it?

It's not long to go now until the Rockabilly Rave it's in the middle of June. I'm really looking forward to meeting Kim from The Kim Show I feel like I know her already, her latest blog post is about Neil and Debbie visiting, mmmm I shared a flat with Debbie for short while in my 20s, and Neil is a sweetheart, we have a stall next to each other at The Rhythm Riot, we do love a good bitch ;o) So as you can imagine, we already have friends in common, so can't wait to meet her!

I really want to make something new to wear, yeah I know I have NO TIME! But I've been digging out some fabric I am going to try to sew up before The Rave! I think this one will be ideal for mid June, it's always hot at the Rave!


Seersucker, one of my fave fabrics, with a tropical feel, my favourite kind of print and I do have loads of it!

I've also been meaning to make a blouse up in this for ages, so I'm really going to try to do this before mid June eek!



I know this not everyone's cup of tea but it's fabulous in real life, the colour is more vibrant, goes great with my red hair and you know I'm a sucker for oriental prints!

And if I have time - unlikely eh? - I'm going to try to put something together with this!


I am nothing if not ambitious ha ha!

So tomorrow morning I'm off up North to my home town, it'll be a sad goodbye but Uncle Harold had a great full adventurous life, see you next week!

12 comments:

Vix said...

Hope the funeral goes as well as it can for you.
I absolutely love all that fabric, it's so vibrant and fun. That yellow-y coloured oriental print is an absolute beauty, I bet it does look wonderful with your red hair.
See you soon. xxx

Debi said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle but hope the funeral goes well! The fabrics are wonderful! I especially like the first one!

Tasha said...

Ooooh such wonderful fabrics to choose from!

Kim said...

Use the seersucker! It is Neil's favorite fabric, plus with the tropical print, he will be so jealous!

31 Days now!!!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Life gets a bit full of itself sometimes doesn't it. Hope the funeral is ok, and you get some quality sewing time soon xx

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

That middle print reminds me of Northwest coast US style designs.

Always good to have fun plans, I'm glad you do. :)

Unknown said...

Will be thinking of you on Wed. lovely fabrics i hope you get the time to make something. take care, dee x

LandGirl1980 said...

Hey you. I hope the funeral goes as well as things like that can :)

Miss Magpie said...

Thinking of you and I like the top fabric best. x

Coedith said...

Small world! Kim and I are from the same town and I believe she was friends with both my brother and husband back in the day. I moved from there in the early '90's so it has been awhile.
Happy sewing!

Ivy Black said...

Thinking of you today..hope it goes welland your uncle has a good send off.
Lovey fabrics. You'll look fab in that print.
Take care.xx

Vintage Christine said...

Good grief--didn't Kim just get back from Viva LV? That oriental motif fabric is awesome and I see it as a man's shirt, actually. Wish I could sew ....

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...