Wednesday 12 September 2012

Better sewing here I come!

I got this fabulous book delivered this week


I'm a long term sewer/sewist/seamstress whatever but I have wanted to improve my techniques for quite some time however I didn't quite know where to start. I ordered this book hoping that it might show me something.

I follow Gertie's blog http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/ already and am always interested and inspired by her posts, her thirst for knowledge in all things sewing and her ongoing improvement!

Soooo when this landed on my doorstep I wondered if it would live up to my expectations. YES IT DID! It's absolutely fantastic, I've never been so engrossed in a sewing book.

It includes chapters on skills, preparation, essential and nice to have tools, essential techniques, stabilising and tailoring (the chapter that really gripped me!), pattern making and fitting. If that's not enough it contains some project along with patterns, now usually this I find unnecessary I buy the patterns I like and rarely do I like what is included with something like this, but these are great, I will definitely be trying several.

Has Gertie paid me? Nope. Did I get a free book? Nope. Do I genuinely love this and recommend it to all who sew, YES!


8 comments:

Ivy Black said...

I'm so with you on Gertie. I've ordered mine too and can't wait to have my mitts on it.
I've followed her for a few years now too and she's wonderful.
xx

Voodoo Kitten said...

Mine is on its way, I can't wait for it to arrive. I may start stalking my mail carrier :-)

Helga said...

I got it too!!! I'm very excited about it! She's pretty awesome, and there's some fab projects and techniquies in here.It's gonna get me motivated,dammit,to get out my vintage fabric pile and go MAD!
XXX

Living Vintage said...

I got mine then had to go back to work and have had not free time but I am itching to get into it. Hopefully things at work will slow down in a few weeks. It looks so fabulous!!!!

LandGirl1980 said...

I adore Gertie and her blog. So thrilled she has a book out - and that it has received such a favourable review from you. I shall investigate - Lord knows I could use the help!!

Vintage Christine said...

Oh, how I wish I could sew. I'm just too old to try to start now (yes, really, I am). Looking forward to seeing more great stuff stitched up by you!

Anne said...

Great post, I love your blog so much <3
Would you maybe like to follow eachother?
Love, Anne

www.movieanne.com

Anonymous said...

Where can this book be ordered? I've been deciding what I want for my birthday, and I think this is it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...