Sunday 10 March 2013

I'm ready for spring!

If you live in the UK, you will know what I'm talking about, I'm so ready for Spring! We had one day last week which was lovely and teased us into thinking this was it, and now what, it's going to snow today and tomorrow, I usually love the snow but I'm so sad, I want spring!

I'm not necessarily a pretty cotton frocks type, but I do like spring/summer clothes more than winter, and I want to wear them now!


I had a taster of this recently as I went to Spain at the beginning of February for the Rockin Race Jamboree. The weather was lovely, nice enough for capri pants, nice blouses and a light jacket, I need to do this again now. Look how happy the sun make British people, we see it so rarely, it's makes us totally happy and smiley!!


I didn't get a pic of me in one of my favourite summer blouses I made but I have one of it, I do love this blouse and just don't get the opportunity to wear it enough!


I also dragged this out of my closet as it's now too big but I want to take it in and wear it again, so it's now in my alteration sewing pile, mmmm maybe I should just sell it on and buy something else, my alteration pile is stupidly big, but I LOVE this print, so summery!


I also want to wear this again, the little number that I ran up last year, although again may need taking in now, I love it cos it looks like a dress but it's a top and skirt so I can mix things up.


Instead this week it looks like I'll be wearing something closer to this








11 comments:

Miss Magpie said...

Oh me too I am feeling positively deflated at the thought of more snow.

Maureen said...

ADORE those sandals! How ever did you find a dress too big? I have been looking for a vintage dress for my massive 42" basooms for ages!

Maureen said...

My Dear, I live in Chi, just down the road.

Perdita Tinsel said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! I just want to leave the hat/scarf/gloves combo at home... I wouldn't even mind just a coat!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Love the prints on all your clothes in this post! :)

Elisa said...

Love your fave summer blouse! Fantastic print! By the way, was just going through an old issue of Continental Restyling and see that you are in it! I bought it back in '97. It's the issue with a young Jack Baymoore on the cover ;-)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Hey Elisa, hello! Gosh I remember that, that was a looong time ago!!

Incendiary Blonde said...

Agreed! When will this winter end?! That one warm day last week was such a tease!!!

That orange and yellow set with the palm trees is lovely - soooo summery!

Vix said...

Yay! So glad to see you back in Blogland! Blimey, you are looking trim, well done! xxx

Julietslace said...

That warm weekend was wonderful wasn't it? I opened my blinds this morning and was gutted: "I might actually dress today- oh."

phenolicfanatic said...

So lovely to see you and Paul! Bring on the Rave! I have to say it´s lovely and sunny in Madrid today! See you soon xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...