How's things? Good weekend?
Well we didn't, hence the grumpy content too. So I'm warning you if you don't want to hear some grumpiness, switch off now!!
First up I'm going to apologise AGAIN for not getting more photos. However the photos I'm going to put up now are the reality of working at a weekend event, and then you'll see why I never get any photos!
So we see our stall
We order pizza the first night after setting up to be delivered to our hotel room
We buy some cheap wine on the way back to the hotel to accompany the pizza!
And then we sit all weekend on the stall! I love this pic cos Paul looks like he's asleep, he's not, sometimes it feels like that though and to make matters worse there was so little room to move behind this particular stall we were stuck in one place all the time, grrr
So now to the grumpiness, I do try always to be positive on here, but then that's not reality of life is it? I started this year determined to feel positive all the time - as really it's my natural state of being - but today I feel grumpy, very grumpy so I thought I would just put in it writing whether anyone listens or not cos really it always feels better to write it down doesn't it?
1. The event we did this weekend was a financial disaster. We didn't even cover our expenses, now I will add that we were not the only ones in this position, lots of people were the same, no one has money to spare at the moment, so that's just how it goes I guess. However when you don't even cover your expenses really what you're doing is paying to work for days on end, not much fun!
2. Some b****** stole my husband's disabled parking badge out of our van this weekend. I mean really how low can you get? So he has to reapply and meantime if I take him anywhere we have to park a way away from where we need to be and he just has to walk further, which is not easy for him, grrrrr
3. The recession is starting to p*** me off - see No 1! I've had enough already! It's been going on long enough now, could we just get it over and done with. However, I've got to say since October, as a small business we've really noticed the difference, it seems to be biting hard and deep now, scary times.
4. Everything has become so blumming expensive, the very little money we have is going nowhere, see No1 and No 3!! If you don't live in the UK this won't make sense but if you do you will really have noticed. I don't think ever in my life I have noticed how much food and petrol has increased in price, and to top it all my electric/gas company wrote to us today to say that is going up too! WTF?
5. I'm sick of being broke, see No 1, 3 and 4 he he! I want pretty things again, and not have to think when I run out of foundation whether I can do without it for a while, uuuurgh! If I see nice shoes I want to just buy them! However we are only cash poor not stuff poor, we have some lovely things and I am very grateful for that, and I am grateful for all I have, but I'm sure you know what I mean!
Oh there's loads I want to grump about but I'll stop for now.
That did make me feel better, so thanks!!!
By the way I will draw the competition tomorrow so keep an eye out!!