Friday 15 April 2011

Knitters heads up!

Knitters just a quick post to let you know I have started to load my extensive knitting pattern collection on Etsy. It'll take me a while to get them all up but there are a few really cute ones on there already!

I've been collecting these for years, although I won't be sharing the ones I'm just about to have made by my mum!! At the moment it's mostly 40s sweaters and some 30s items, but there will be some 50s ones too, once I've decided on the ones I don't want to share!

You can get to them by clicking on my Etsy store in the left hand column. Meantime here's a few in there at the moment!! I love this one, despite listing it I still think I'll have my mum makes the sweater, not that or the mittens though, they're cute but not me!





This next one is stunning, it's complicated, but stunning, my mum made it for me years ago - I sold it on years ago too, it was so beautiful but took her ages!


That's all for now, back to juggling balls in the air!




15 comments:

Maggie said...

these are gorgeous....

Kitty said...

Sounds like you're doing well though, once you get used to being more busy it'll get easier.

Unknown said...

I love the second one i will pop over later and have look i wonder if i can talk my mum into making one for me ;-)) dee x

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I want to be able to knit. You have a great collection here, I'll put it up as a link in my round-up this arvo xx

Nuala Nyland said...

they're sooo lovely... if only i could knit :(

DearHelenHartman said...

Boing. Plop. plop. plop. That's the sound of my mind being so boggled that my juggling balls just hit the cluttered ground around me feet! People KNIT these? Your Mum is going to KNIT these? I would just collect the patterns as art. Thanks for sharing.

Moxie Tonic said...

That knitted hat on the first one is so bizarre! I can't decide how I feel about it, not to mention perplexed about the engineering. Are those points stuffed to keep that shape?
And you are so lucky to have a mom that knits you sweaters!! Mine is an accomplished crocheter, but I've only managed to be the recipient of two afghans. And although they are cozy and warm to wrap oneself in on chilly days, they might look a bit strange worn in public ;)

Kim said...

Those are amazing! I wish I had the time and knew how to knit.

Roxie Roulette said...

I love vintage style jumpers! If only I could knit myself one!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I can't even open the string on the bags of kitty litter much less knit lol.... =/

=)

Andi B. Goode said...

Oooh, lovely patterns!
-Andi x

doradadama said...

gorgeous patterns, I cant knit for the love of GOD.I been wanting a vintage jumper.

Dolly Cool Clare said...

My sister is still knitting me the victory jumper off the V&A website...she is cursing me as its 3 ply wool on size 2 needles and is taking her A G E S!! he he ;)

Helga said...

Gawd those old knit patterns are lovely! My Mama was a great knitter,she would have loved to tackle these.I don't think that I could wear them with my bazookas though!!!
xxx

Tasha said...

Ooh, you have some great ones! I too love and am perplexed by the strange cat-ear like hat. Does she have her victory rolls tucked up under there? That's my only thought towards the odd shape. I'm used to thinking about hats and orchestrating where to place a bangs/fringe roll but not anything near that complicated.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...