Friday 8 April 2011

Phew what a week!

Hi all, sorry I've been missing in action longer than a few days but phew what a week!

First up we had a really enjoyable weekend which I'll share with you now and other news in other blog posts I guess!!

We did Brighton Jukebox fair last weekend, where we actually get to spend time with some our favourite friends and fellow small business owners/stall holders.

We arrived Friday and started to set up, this is a hideously long process for us as we have so many little bits and pieces to do but friends arrive during the process and we do have fun even though we ache at the end of the day!

We were opposite Rocket Originals, so chatting was easy, but we backed onto Heyday, fortunately Shona and I left a gap so we could chat he he!




I took some pictures on Friday before anyone gets the change to buy, man if I had limitless cash I'd just get the best choice ever!!


I really really really wanted this Moss Lamp, although it divided opinion I love it, but some didn't like the look, just as well, we can't all be the same!

Next few photos are just lovely things that were for sale in within 10 steps of my stall, talk about temptation!

I would have every last set of this jewellery


I'm a lamp gal, what more can I say *swoon*!

These Mitzi's are going to be mine one day, all mine!



This is my fave Heyday dress so far, the Fleur in black with daisies, I love it! One day this will be mine too ha ha!


And this is just a fraction of the vintage clothing that was there, I didn't even look that is just too much temptation in one teeny space!!




Friday we had a lovely night, I wish I'd taken a pic but we all looked a fright after setting up stalls all day. Me and Paul, along with Kay and Martin from Rocket Originals stayed at the Premier Inn in Burgess Hill, we got a bargainous price on it, and I like Premier Inn anyway but this one was superb, I would highly recommend it and the staff went above and beyond, excellent! We decided not to eat out but have a buffet in the room, bless the staff they brought us a wine cooler with ice, wine glasses and plates, it wasn't your normal room buffet! The 4 of us felt rather posh ha ha!

Saturday was working day, then we all agreed as we had the opportunity it would be nice for us all to have a meal together, we rarely get the chance and it's nice to have a proper conversation rather then snatched conversations between customers.

So we decided to eat at the Beefeater attached to our hotel. A fabulous night was had by all, if we all look a little tired, it's cos we are!!

I'm rubbish at taking these pictures of ourselves, how calm does Kay look and how panicked I look cos I think we're not in frame ha ha!



I know Shona from Heyday and Jan from Home Sweet Homestyle will kill me for posting this picture, but I like it cos they didn't know I was taking it!


Then we took proper photos here are the boys! From left to right Twain from Heyday, Mike from Home Sweet Homestyle, Paul my lovely husband, and Martin from Rocket Originals!



And the girls, from left to right, Jan from Home Sweet Homestyle, Shona from Heyday (sorry Shona but you closed your eyes - she doesn't normally look like this!!), Kay from Rocket Originals and little ole me.


A lovely time was had by all, food was consumed by the ton and alcohol was also consumed, although there were a couple of drivers who had to abstain, sorry Mike, our turn next time again!

It was so nice to catch up with friends.

18 comments:

LandGirl1980 said...

Looks like you had a ball! I love blue on you - that dress/top looks wonderful :)

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Ohh must be such fun to not only collect and sell cool stuff, but hang with outer people who love the same thing!

Glad you had a great time!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

That must have been great fun you all being together, but I would have found it so hard being around all that lovely stuff when you are trying to sell rather than buy! xx

Kitty said...

sounds like you had a good fair, well done, I know hoe much work it is. Stock looks really crammed in, I wonder how much space you are allocated per stall??

Living Vintage said...

Looks like great fun. When in Vegas I have lots of friends that are Vendors and well I always find it fun to hang out.

Unknown said...

Wow - the lamps and dinette are so fabulous! What a lovely, friendly and gorgeous bunch of pals! You look gorgeous in the blue frock (the colour is perfect with your hair!).

Sarah xxx

DearHelenHartman said...

Wonderful to take a peek at your adventure! The hair the cloths, the lamps - all fab.

DearHelenHartman said...

The hair, the clothes, not the cloths! Argh - much more fab than my fat fingers this morning.

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Super cool stuff on those stalls - you did well not to give in! And great you got to catch up with some friends too..sometimes the old pub-attached-to-hotel sceanrio is a godsend!
Hope you did well on your stall too :))

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Welcome back! Wow those lamps! I would expect it to be very hard not to buy anything when you're surrounded by such wonderful things all day long. That would have been a tough weekend for me. hehe

~MaryD

iLiveinmyLab said...

Ah that looks like so much fun!!!!!! I love the lamps and the clothes! Looks like you were located in a very tempting spot!

Coedith said...

Business and pleasure-perfect! You all look so fun!

Tasha said...

Oh it looks like it was a lovely time!! I hope you did better than your last event sales-wise, too. I am swooning over all the lovely goods, I can't imagine having that many fantastic booths all next to each other. Makes me weak in the knees! Those lamps... my goodness!!

Ivy Black said...

Looks like it was a brilliant time and better than your last one. Here's to a summer packed with great events! xxx

Miss Magpie said...

I would definitely have come home with more that I went with! I am in complete awe of your restraint.

Oh and Landgirl is right that blue is your colour.

Salsa Von Leopard said...

I'll say so too :D That duckegg blue and the beautiful colour of your lovks look so divine together. Just fabulous <3 Love all the vintage finds, are you in Brighton often?

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a great time i would love to attend something like this. Love all the photo's, have a great weekend, dee x

doradadama said...

what beauties,You had a amazing time with pals,love your red hair and blue is gorgeous on you amor.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...