Saturday 9 April 2011

Saturday round up!

Well I have many things to report about today and it's only 3pm, lordy!

First up I wanted to take part in MaryDeluxe to list your top 5 vintage finds, I saw Leigh Ann from Voodoo Stitches took part and I thought mmmm how should I do this? There are top 5, top 5 bargainous and recent, top 5 vintage clothes, top 5 vintage shoes, you see my point?!! So I thought I'd start with my top 5 latest bargainous finds, these are not my all time favourites but it's proof that you can collect fabulous vintage things without forking out a fortune so here goes

1. My new and expanding collection of stag design glasses  - Total cost for all about £20, that's 6 sherry glasses,  6 shot glasses, 6 liquer glasses and 6 tumblers!



2. Some fabulous 1950s fabric I bought before Christmas, there is nearly 6 yards, plenty for a dress and bolero, including postage from the USA it cost me the princely sum of about £9!


3. Oriental chalkware couple, 99p from ebay!




4. Cocktail tray £2 from charity shop!


5. Red confetti lucite earrings from ebay 99p



We're all saying how expensive vintage stuff is getting these days but there are still bargains to be had out there and even on ebay, you just have to keep your eyes peeled!

So that's me started

I've had a stupidly busy week, I'm doing a lot of different things at the moment to make ends meet, but one of my favourite part time jobs which I started this week is working for Miss L Fire shoes. I'm only doing a few hours a week for them and mostly from home, but I will be popping up there occasionally and I did so this week. I have to say being surrounded by fabulous shoes is awfully distracting when you're trying to have a serious meeting, thankfully Lynsey, Sammi, Dami and Francesca all understand the distraction of shoes!!

Again I saw all the new releases coming up for Autumn/Winter, I promise as soon as I can I'll give you a preview, but meantime, my favourite shoe from the Spring/Summer collection, I will have these shoes, do you think I may be tempted to spend all my wages on shoes ha ha!

Also if you're interested I have an amazing 1930s kitchen cupboard I just put on ebay, if I had room I'd keep it but we don't. It's so stylish and sturdy I really do wish I could keep it, still I do hope it finds a good home!




It's stunningly warm in the UK at the moment and has been for the last few days, it's a pure joy, sadly I choose this time to treat my lawn for moss, actually that's not true I'm killing the moss to sew seed to make a lawn! I really am not exaggerating, so I can't sit in the garden as you're not allowed to walk on it whilst it takes effect, ah well! I'll post photos when I finally get going on the garden, it's been sorely neglected since we moved in and it wasn't good when we did so I have a lot of work to do this summer eeek!

Nothing else to report, hoping to get going on some sewing this weekend if I get chance but I'm rather snoozy at the moment so unlikely to get any done today!

6 comments:

iLiveinmyLab said...

Oh wow that 1950's fabric is AMAZING!!! That cabinet is fantastic too. If only it wouldn't cost a ton of money to ship over here

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Nice 5! Thank you for posting your favorite vintage bargains...I agree there are still good deals out there on vintage things, you just have to look a little harder for them and be patient!

MaryD

Miss Magpie said...

What lovely things you have, I swear I will turn up on your doorstep one day! lol.

Good luck with the moss, Himself did another treatment on our lawn this week too, it feels never ending.

doradadama said...

I love all your vintage finds,especially that 50's fabric,never seen one quite like it.
and of course the rooster tray.oh and the shot glasses etc.,I never seem to find great glassware.
I should try these top five bargains.
hell yeah,I would spend all ma mula on those shoes.I want the Mexican Miss L Fire cactus shoes ,but in platforms.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Fiona
Thanks for your message. Shame we didn't get to meet at the fair this time.. but there's always another on the horizon.
I love seeing other's collections and you have w wonderful eye for finding things!
Michele x

Kim said...

You are right, there are still plenty of deals to be had if you take the time to look :-)

I just got the book yesterday, and thank you so much! It is truly fabulous. Look forward to seeing you in 2 months! Deb and Neil will be over here in May.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...