Wednesday 20 April 2011

Looking forward to Easter!!

As you guessed I've been super busy still. Although it makes life all the better seeing the sunshine here in the UK, it's like a true summer day today! The windows are all open, there's no breeze, the sun is hot, aaaaah, it won't last though will it ha ha! Actually it is set to last this weekend and I'm very happy about that

So what the heck have I been up to apart from work work and more work.

Well here's a selection of photos.

We unexpectedly did a stall at the Cat's Meow club on Saturday, it was a last minute thing but we had fun, Paul also sold one of his paintings, so a good night was had by all!

Here's a picture of the artist himself, looking particularly cool and artistic like he he!


My stall with people looking, that's what traders like, people looking, well no actually we like people buying but looking is a good step! It looks strange as it was set up on a pool table, ah yes we adapt people!



Apart from working on Notorious Kitsch and Miss L Fire shoes - which is hardly a chore, talking about fabulous shoes!! - I have been doing the garden.

When I say doing the garden I mean, attempting to get the garden in some type of shape to eventually make it into a real garden. We've been here 5 years and in all that time we have done nothing to the garden apart from mow the lawn, no plants, nothing, poor neglected thing eh? Last year we finally got round to painting the fences but that was about it! This year when I looked at it in the first throes of Spring I though oh no this is the year for back breaking work! Half the lawn was covered in moss, weeds and all manner of horrible things that shouldn't have been there, so to prove my back breaking work this week, here's a pic!




It's grim isn't it? Well I have now cleared one bit, dug up the weeds and sown some seed, fingers crossed. I have soooo much more to do, but I can only manage a bit at a time, gardeners must have backs of steel!

However I did manage to get a little area to sit in sorted out, so at least when the garden starts to come together we can enjoy it! Soooo much more to do *sigh*


And I keep meaning to post this picture, some of our best friends live next door and this is the view from my back door into their garden, ah I wish it were mine!


Of course summer means fabulous salads again, this is one of my favourites, very healthy, that's creme fraiche not mayonnaise! And by the way I'm still on WW and doing ok thank you, 9lbs down :o) This salad is sweet potato and quorn sausage YUM oh and that's enough for 4 just in case you think I'm overindulging!




And last but not least, a little teaser of another project I have on the go - yes I know don't I have enough to do already.....


So there you go my last few days, I'm tired just thinking about it!

This weekend I am going to slightly overindulge in wine and gin, and I'm going to sleep and sew and sleep again, can't wait!

18 comments:

iLiveinmyLab said...

Yay for getting started on your garden! I swear working outside on garden is the best workout! I also can't wait to see this new project, the label by itself has made me quite excited!

Miss Magpie said...

I don't know about other gardeners, but I was walking like John Wayne on monday after 3 hours on saturday sorting my brother's garden and 7 hours straight in mine on sunday! I will say chin up, mine looked horredous after I raked(and raked and raked and raked) out the moss but the lawn is looking pretty good now so it was well worth it. It does have daisies and clover but I love them so that's fine by me. :-)

Miss Magpie said...

OOOh I just thought are you making me my monkey fabric bag and that is why you need the label? ;-P

Vintage Christine said...

What in the heck is quorn sausage? Of course it's a stupid Yank asking. I LOVE sweet potato in salads, it's so unexpected and yummy. Your hubs looks FABulous and so glad to hear he sold one of his paintings (and jealous that someone got one who didn't have to pay the horrendous shipping).

Straight Talking Mama! said...

oh ha ha Christine, quorn is a meat substitute, we're veggie, you do have it in the US cos I've bought it there but that WAS in California!!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Hmmm yes, a big vegetarian community out here in the land of fruits and nuts lol (I've been one since '89) and I've never heard of quorn!

Oh I used to have a big wonderful garden with two ponds. But it took soooo much work, and once it was done, I simply could not spend the time to maintain it. Sigh. You've done more work in your yard than I have on mine....

Fab pic of hubby!!!! =D

Miss Rayne said...

Well done on starting the garden, if you want some cuttings/seedlings later in the year let me know

Unknown said...

Well done for getting in the garden! I know how it is when it's just not a priority but you don't want to worry the neighbours either! Your new project looks very interesting - can't wait to see!

LandGirl1980 said...

Relish your garden my dear - you are fortunate!! Oh how I long for a jardin!! Also - how cool to live next door to some of your bessie mates!! With a shiney trailer!!!! *Swoon*

Labels??? LABELS?????? TELL. US. MORE!!!!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I hate gardening! Ours was HIDEOUS when we moved in 8 years ago. It took so much work to get it looking nice again - good luck with that!
Exciting about that label - are you going to be making stuff with vintage fabric? Me want! :))

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Wow you have been busy! I love the little sitting area you've created in the back of the garden. I can't wait to see what you plant!

Way to go on the weight loss! I must try the salad, it looks yummy and my grocery store has quorn products! I'm looking forward to Easter weekend myself!

All the best,
~MaryD

Living Vintage said...

I love small gardens like yours. I used to live in the city and had a nice small manageable yard. We moved to a suburb 6 years ago and now have a huge yard. I know I shouldn't complain its great for the kids to run around in but I find it hard to manage and I generally love to garden but it is more than I myself can hand and things tend to get overgrown.

Unknown said...

ooohhhh love the sound of that salad i am a vegetarian to i may have do try my own take on that one. You have chosen the best time to be working out in the garden this sunshine is amazing i can't believe its only April. And wow that caravan what a little beauty. Have a great weekend, dee x

Anonymous said...

your husband is king of cool

Heyday said...

Paul looks so handsome! Well done you on getting on to so much, you are a lady on a mission with everything you get stuck into!

Ivy Black said...

Way to go with the gardening....it will be fab when you've done it. I've been out doing a bit of sorting in mine and I'm knackered! Good exercise for someone like me who never exercises!
I'm liking that view very much...shiney, shiney shiney!
Have a lovely Easter weekend.xxx

phenolicfanatic said...

Hey fiona
well done on getting into the garden- I think it takes a while to settle into a place (i have been in my place for a year and not much has happened at all!)Life sometimes takes over! Are you going to the Rave? I am coming over from the antipodes so hope to say hi!
michele xx

The Vintage Housewife... said...

wow you've lost alot! How wonderful!!!! that salad looks amazing...they view from your porch my oh my what a dream!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...