Saturday 12 June 2010

Ah those were the days!

A really good friend of mine, Jerry Lunn, posted some old pics on Facebook the other day that he'd taken when we were both rather young! I had to put them up as I can't remember ever looking that good OR maybe I didn't realise at the time and now I'm looking back on it thinking damn, why didn't I know I looked like that!

These pics were my first photo shoot as a singer, I guess I was about 24, I can't quite remember but now almost 20 years ago! I loved that dress, it was soooo stunning, it was an organza over silk but incredibly delicate and one day it just finally fell apart, the shape of it though was to die for!




I'm really glad I had shots like this done in my younger days, not that I'm old but hey I don't look like this any more!

Hope you enjoy them!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Those photos are amazing! You look so cute, still do:)

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Wow, you look great then, but you look great now!

I never felt very attractive, so I have few photos of myself at any age.

But ahhh I wish I looked 20 again, I'd sure appreciate it this time around, I promise!

Yesterday Girl said...

Wow! you look wonderful...and you still do.x

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks lovely people!

I know what you mean about being 20 again and appreciating it I think this is the problem with life you learn as you get older but the problem is you get older ;o)

phenolicfanatic said...

Beaut pics- I actually like how I look now at 42 more than I did when I was 20- and I think you look awesome now too- love the colour of your hair with the tone of your skin :) Wouldn't you love the wisdom you have now back then!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Getting older is tough, I don't care what anyone says. I'm 57, still active and feel 30 but my body doesn't always cooperate. I try very hard to live in the moment. You are still gorgeous. Can't believe you live so close to Snailtrail! Lucky you. Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW !!! what a creature !! ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous!

I wish I had ANY photos of me that gorgeous!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks MCM, yes so close to Snailtrail & thanks re blog!

Thanks Big Mama & Retro Chick, too kind!

Emma said...

Oh My Goodness! The Dress in the singing photos is the exact same shape as my dress for spring formal this year!I'm trying to salvage it after a night full of dancing with clumsy boys or at least have another one made like it. Lovely Pictures!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...