Monday 14 June 2010

On the road again!

There will be blogging silence for a few days as I'm taking Notorious Kitsch on the road again.

We're off to the Rockabilly Rave but of course it's work work work with a bit of fun thrown in if I can stay awake long enough!

I love doing these events as I get to chat to  loads of friends who we only get to see once or twice a year.

I'm going to try to do a little video as usual however at these events I'm very tied to the stall so it won't be very inventive, but at least you'll see it from my point of view. We're sharing a chalet with Kay and Martin from Rocket Originals, more tempation coming my way no doubt, Kay is forever telling me what they have planned for the future and I just drool which is most unattractive!

These events are so different for me now as I work rather than party, I'm afraid I just can't work all day then party all night, I really want to but I can't!

However I thought you might be amused by a photo taken at Hemsby many many many years ago, we were clearly dressed in fancy dress and we called ourselves the Wild Women of Wonga! There were far more than photographed here, we were more like a mob!



We took the place by storm, won the fancy dress competition which was cash and we promptly converted it into cocktails! Some dutch courage was taken before we dared leave looking like this, so the cocktails kind of sent us over the edge. It was quite a night and I do know one of the ladies woke up looking exactly the same, with the plastic bone still in her hair!

9 comments:

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

Oh man, I envy you! (Business? Ha! Business shmizness, you're not fooling anyone!) Have a blast and take loads of pictures!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Have fun! We'll keep your seat for you when you get back. =)

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Oh that's a great picture! hahaha...hey have fun and yeah, take lots of pictures so we all can drool too!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Thanks ladies, will try to remember to take pics!!

Helen Highwater said...

Hahahahaha, I love that pic! I think some people can be far too poe-faced at these events. Let rip, people, and live a little!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

oh Helen I have always let rip ;o)

Lisa Queen Bee said...

Ah Helen they are only po-faced now - in the old days we all got drunk to the point of passing out, there was a lot of nakedness and ripping of vintage clothes. The whole posing crap is so 90's+!

Anonymous said...

What is this po-face that people speak of? Oh man- the rockabilly rave?! Lucky girl! I would love to celebrate with you, and perhaps you will be seeing me there, across the pond, in '12... Until soon...

phenolicfanatic said...

So wondering how the Rave is going- make sure you give us all a good run down- wondering how hillbilly boogiemen sounded- haven't seen them in over 12 years! Pics please and a round up of what the bands were like and what shenanigans took place and anything drool worthy outfit wise (if that's not asking too much or just plain sounding too weird!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...