Saturday 26 June 2010

You gotta love a bargain!

I've alluded to it before I'm kinda broke right now, building a business is a costly affair, and I'd rather build the business than spend money on me, so I just have to suck it up.

This doesn't mean that I don't look at stuff to buy and want stuff, it just means I don't buy stuff much however I've had a couple of great bargains on ebay lately and it's becoming a little addictive! You'll remember I got those fabulous oriental figures for 99p you can see them here in a previous post.

So ladies and gentleman I have now bagged my second 99p buy in a few weeks, YAY!

You know when you see something photographed badly but you know it's going to be cute, well here it is



A very cute 1950s lampshade, it's a bit smaller than I thought so doesn't fit the lamp I had intended it for, but I know where it's going to go, here's a close up of the pattern



Really how lovely is this, fab bright colours, great condition and best of all 99p!!

13 comments:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

Oh, I LOVE it! The colors are so bright and cheery! What a great deal!! xoxo
http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I've had more drama with lampshade buying on eBay than anything else. Well, except my chairs lol.

But it's easy to snag lamps for cheap, so it won't be hard to get one the right size for your adorable shade!

In The Heyday said...

ohh that is so sweet! well done super-shopping-woman!

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

Oh wow that is a way cool shade....now I'm incredibly curious and need to know what lamp it will be perched upon??

I hear you in regards to being picky about what to spend your hard earned cash on... that's way I love auctions...can still find some good buys for cheap!

MaryDeluxe

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I know exactly what lamp I want, small, maroon/burgundy/dark red, pottery, nice shape however although I see loads on US ebay for a good price the shipping costs are invariably astronomical :o( OR they don't ship to UK at all!

Anonymous said...

STmama, good for you for your STYLISH frugality. It's an acquired skill and you seem to be graceful with it. I love that shade. It's adorable. You're looking for a smallish burgundy lamp base for this no? I'll keep my peepers peeled for you...

Dolly Cool Clare said...

This rings so true with me too. I love to shop, but cant shop 'properly' because of my business coming first, so I compensate by car booting and charity shopping picking up stuff for 50p and £1. I actually prefer the things I find too! You snagged a great deal here :)

phenolicfanatic said...

Yay for the great deal! I can relate- I now need to be on a much tighter budget but can be prone to emotional spending (and sometimes spending money I don't have). Like dolly I like to get a fix through thrifting- but you can't beat the 99p ebay purchase! When I am broke I find I have to not look at ebay at all cause I just get too tempted- how do others manage- can you peruse and not buy or do you need to just not look?

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Hey I seem to be in great budgeting company!

I can trawl ebay and not spend I think of it as window shopping, looking at lots of lovely stuff that one day I might be able to afford!

Anonymous said...

OOOHHH it's so cute ! You made well ! so cute so cute so cute !!

Space Commander said...

I like the graphics of the bird and cage on this... very retro! A find at such a deal is always so satisfying!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

It's cute huh, to get a vintage lampshade for that price is unbelievable. Not sure what it is made from though weird

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

Thanks for dropping by Hollywood forever, Kevin. It's nice to know people are watching. Enjoyed your blog. Buying and selling is never easy but always rewarding. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...