Thursday 24 June 2010

Catch up!

I'm back! Nearly recovered and I have a confession I am the worst blogger in the world, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I intended, so all those who were expecting a run down of bands, events and outfits at the Rockabilly Rave are going to be very disappointed in me!

I do have to explain myself though, I am working and when I say working it's long long hours, not everyone stays up all night drinking, so stalls have to open at 11am for those who have gone to bed early and want to do some shopping, we finally close about 9, have some dinner and then get dressed and go out ourselves, so as you can imagine trying to remember to take pics within this timeframe is kinda tough!

However I did take a couple and someone took one of us, so although it's limited I do have some!

As usually the Rockabilly Rave was a fabulous event full of fabulous people who know how to party....

First up big thanks go to Liz, Chris, Simon and Nina for the fabulous cocktails delivered to our stall on both Friday and Saturday night, they were so welcome just when we were wilting, a cocktail was delivered and we were rejuvenated YAY! See photo below....



Paul has his eyes closed in delight I think, although as you can see from the photo we have already consumed the contents, I can't remember what the cocktail was but I do remember it contained absinthe and 3 different types of rum, YUM!! I stole this photo from a friend on Facebook so please excuse the quality!

I didn't get to see many bands as by the time I got out I just wanted a dance & drink, as many of you will attest to who were there, apologies to all those unsuspecting victims I dragged up for a jive....

We did have a great time though and the most fabulous news was my husband took some of his paintings with him thinking people might be interested and buy, he sold all 3, we were both so proud! I'll take a pictures of his paintings one day, however I think paintings look awful when pictured with digital cameras but I'll give it a go.

I went around and took a few pics before people started arriving of the stalls, I know you would die with envy at the stuff that was there, to name but a few, Rocket Originals, Home Sweet Homestyle, Freddies of Pinewood along with some of the best vintage clothes dealers none of which have websites which I can link to sorry!



There's part of our stall set up next to Outerlimitz who were fabulous neighbours with fabulous clothes and accessories, and you know what they were next to me all weekend and I totally forgot to buy the parasol I was going to buy! Told you it got busy...



Here are Rocket Originals setting up, with Kay & Martin on the left and on the right Jan from Home Sweet Homestyle. This is what it's like before everyone arrives, everyone beavering away and also buying from each others stalls, we're all terrible for that! Some of my best customers are other stall holders!


 

There's Paul (my husband), Kay (still working hard!) and Debbie from Bumblebee Vintage Clothing.



Ah some rest before the madness begins, Jo from Freddies of Pinewood chatting to John Day who sells the most fabulous vintage clothes ever, no sorry he doesn't have a website.



So sad this pic came out so dark, John has some sensational stuff, but here's more!



Boy could I spend some money on this stall! I think in my life time I have also bought my whole body weight in shoes from John!

Sadly I didn't get pics of Debbie & Mickeys stall who also sell the best stuff, but you can see their stall in a previous post here, or Tamara's stall either, sorry guys!

All in all I had a great time, and last but certainly not least I was very very lucky to get a pair of these before they sold out YAY! Thanks Kay and Martin. I would highly recommend them as I haven't tried a softer pair of shoes in years, but as I said, you snooze you lose, they're sold out. But if you see them on ebay or wherever cos someones is parting with them get them!


Right now I have to catch up with the past weeks worth of work and sleep!!

13 comments:

B-b-b-etty said...

Oh lucky you! I want those shoes but they're sold out :(

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Having fun, is the most important thing!

Yesterday Girl said...

I have those shoes and they are my faves. Soooo comfy! You look fab as always.x

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Oh, I want to go shopping now! All that hawaiian stuff looks amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Freddies of Pinewood rocks! And I almost got lightheaded looking and coveting all that loot! I KNOW you had a blast!

Unknown said...

Oooh, that looks great. I was so jealous of your cocktail when I saw it on Twitter!

repeatclicks said...

Does John have a website or contact details?

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Hi there, no sorry John doesn't have a website he only does vintage events in the UK.

phenolicfanatic said...

Man I was just looking at a close up of john's stuff- very drool worthy! Glad you had a great time even though it sounds like you worked pretty hard. Awesome that paul sold his paintings too!

Kim said...

I am determined to go to the Rave next year! My friend sent me this year's program and a copy of "Havin' a Ball" to motivate me more!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

you should really go it's so much fun, you would LOVE it!

Bev said...

Hi,
I'm in love with these shoes, can anyone help me locate them or similar? I'd appreciate your help very much.

Bev

Bev said...

Hi,
I'm in love with these shoes, can anyone help me locate them or similar? I'd appreciate your help very much.

Bev

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...