Friday 4 June 2010

A great ebay bargain!!

First of all I don't buy much as I'm trying to build my business and that comes first before me and stuff. I also don't really 'need' anything having collected for so many years, in fact I've been getting rid of things rather than buying them, however that doesn't mean I don't look! Well hey there could be something out there that you've been searching for years for, or you just can't live without, or whatever. Anyway I often look on ebay, it's window shopping for those without money, I can't trust myself to window shop at antique markets and fairs, I would spend money far too easily!

Anyway I rarely see things on ebay that I think are a bargain, I know people get them but clothes wise I certainly never see anything in my particular curvaceous size ;o) I do see some fabulous material but that always seems to go for a lot of money too, I used to get such bargains on there material wise!

But this week I bought something on ebay for the first time in AGES, and for 99p, yep 99p! I couldn't believe it, you know when you see something and you think they've put that in the wrong category, well clearly they had cos I scored it for 99p WHAHOO!

Here it is!




I know I wouldn't even get them that cheap in the US as I've seen similar stuff on my visits! I'm rather proud of my bargain.....

Have you scored any spectacular bargains lately?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love found ebay bargains in wrong category. it's so exciting to wait the end of the auction with crossed fingers. ;p
Great finds.
I've stop to buy ceramic on internet, many times it cames broken like as a train pass on it ha ha ha !!!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

As I too am self employed, most of my pennies go straight back into my business so I know exactly where you are coming from!
I LOVE ebay and Etsy - like you said, its window shopping delight. I look at them every day, without fail (sad I know!) and I'm always looking for the next bargain. I also love car booting - getting a bag full of goodies for a few pounds is such a buzz, but the only downside is, it makes everywhere else seem so expensive! £19.99 for that blouse? But I got one for 50p at the car boot last week!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I'm sure I saw this very auction on eBay ha ha. I do a lot of searching to find these kinds of deals, Congrats!

I buy ONLY what I think I really need for the house I am renovating. Once I get her all done and decorated, I think I will be giving some of it away, BUT the best deal I ever got so far was the 1950's pink appliance suite: Double oven, stove, stove hood and pink cast iron sink in excellent condition for $195.

They should be delivered tomorrow, and when they are, I can give a big sigh!

I almost never find great deals, but this has to be the best of the best!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Big mama - yes this is the problem with ceramics, it hasn't arrived yet so hoping it doesn't break!

DCC - ah yes you know how it is! The other thing is I started collecting over 20 years ago & could pick stuff up so cheap then, I faint at the prices asked now!

Atomic Ranch - why don't I know your name by now ha ha! Anyway I have to say the best bargain of all was your pink appliance suite, I couldn't believe you got it for that price, CRAZY!!

Kim @ The Girl Can't Help It said...

That's an incredible price! You sure as heck would *never* have scored it for that price over here "across the pond"! Don't you love it when you get a great find for cheap? I do! Well done!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I know Kim, I couldn't believe it!

TemperamentalBroad@blogspot.com said...

Great find!! I love the Oriental figurines from the 50s. I have too many of them at the moment...

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I love Oriental Figures too, I got rid of loads a few years ago & regret it now :o(

UPDATE: They arrived this morning, they're in excellent condition, though could do with a clean, very very happy!!

phenolicfanatic said...

Awesome figurines- the bargain prices is a bonus! I would have squealing with delight when this went off- well done!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I know, we're still squealing about it now, we keep looking at them and saying 99p!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...