Tuesday 28 February 2012

A couple of great bargain buys!

Those of you who read this blog will know that I'm always on the look out for a bargain when it comes to my vintage buying. I don't have much cash to spare but that doesn't mean I can't buy nice things!

First up is my smaller of the two bargains, but nonetheless just gorgeous. I saw this bag on ebay and it was describe as 50's 60's shabby chic kooky handbag, well I sure am glad that was it's description cos I scored it for £1.04, oh yes this lovely yellow 50s bag. Isn't it a great shape? It's also perfect inside, it was a little grubby outside but I gave it a clean and now it's perfect on the outside!





But my real great bargain find last week was a sideboard - do you call them a credenza in the US? I've been looking for one as I'm only just starting to get my dining room back after it's been the storeroom for the business for years. The room needs stripping down, repapering and painting BUT it is finally a functional if rather unfinished dining room and is now complete with a fabulous new sideboard for the amazing price of £5.50, yes you heard me £5.50!!

Here it is!




As you can see from the first picture it now contains 2 whole dinner services, plus a few extras, it's really roomy and had empty a whole cupboard up in the kitchen. I've also got more access to my dinner services, I rarely use them as it used to entail emptying cabinets to get to them and I couldn't be bothered, but now...

I decided to put my lovely Oriental lamp on it, she hasn't had a permanent home for a while, so I'm glad she now had pride of place here.


We finally have got a permanent place for our beautiful lazy susan too.


And a place for our insulated coffee pot which we use every morning.


And last but not least our diner table finally has a proper space to fit in.


The decor will be up to scratch soon and I'll be sure to post when I'm done.

Some great bargains buys eh?

12 comments:

Roxie Roulette said...

Why oh why don't I find bargains like that?! They are amazing!

Charlotte said...

Wow, majorly jealous of your fabulous sideboard! I'm coveting a sideboard (not that we really have the space for one), just because I've got lovely things and nowhere to display them!

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

Miss Matilda said...

delish!!!

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

SCORE!!!

That sideboard is amazing. I love when us thrifty gals can find good vintage bargains....it just shows everyone that it's still possible if you're a little patient and search. Oh and have a bit of luck too! :)

MaryD

Used-to-Bees said...

Fab! And for less than I paid to get into that flippin' exhibition! It must be lovely reclaiming your dining room - fun to get together all the bits and pieces you want on display.
x

Miss Magpie said...

That handbag! oh my god that handbag!

Tasha said...

Talk about bargains, wow! I can't believe that gorgeous sideboard (I think what you call it in the US might depend on your region though I'm not sure... I've seen credenza/sideboard/buffet used).

How great to have your dining room back in use!

Vix said...

Wow! Such a bargain. I'd sell a kidney for that lamp, isn't she astounding? x

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Wow wow wow - that sideboard is amazing and what a fantastic bargain for just over a fiver! GO YOU! Love the bag too, unusual shape and fab colour perfect for spring, yay :)

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Wahey, that sideboard is the bargain of the century! xx

Ivy Black said...

Absolutely! I adore the sideboard and what a massive bargain. Get in!xxx

Unknown said...

Wow great bargains indeed that bag is lush and well that sideboard OMG its gorgeous im so excited for you ;-)) A women after my own heart in that department ;-) love your dinning table and chairs to there smashing. dee x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...