Tuesday 14 February 2012

Mid Week Love

OK I suppose I have to acknowledge it's Valentine's Day but that's not what my post is about! We don't really do it in our house, although there's a lot of love here, neither of us are much into Valentine's Day, so we might have a nicer meal than normal and a cheeky mid week bottle of wine but that's it. If you are celebrating though I hope you have a lovely evening

ANYWAY the real reason for posting. I have a couple of shout outs for blog posts I've seen recently that I'd like to share in case you don't follow them.

First up is a blog post that in fact just went up today, but my oh my. It's Charlotte at Tuppence Ha'penny and she has created the most fabulous dress for Valentine's day! It's a dress originally worn by Ginger Rogers on film and you know I saw this film last year and the dress made me gasp, I'm not really a 40s chick but I'd wear this in a heartbeat. Charlotte has recreated it and what a fine job she has made of it! (Sorry Charlotte I stole your photo...)


My second one is Casey Elegant Musing's which is a lovely stylish blog full of gorgeousness and then this week she put up a post that really helped me about blogging of all things Usually she deals with lovely pretty things but this was a really practical post about scheduling blogging and the timing could not have been better for me. I love blogging, I love what it feeds back to me, I love the people I've met through it, I love the inspiration it gives to me, yet I have fallen out of the habit, for a few reasons, however Casey has helped me, I've printed out her blog schedule and have started to fill it in THANK YOU!

Here's a picture of Casey from her blog, putting up the blog schedule would have not been quite so pretty!



And you may have noticed some changes on my blog, I'm having a play about at the moment with the design I will get a pretty header back but I ran into some problems so it's plain for the time being, come back for more changes soon!

Oh and for those who wished me luck re my appointment with the consultant, it was cancelled, I wasn't amused I'm trying to do something about it, I'll let you know how I get on.

6 comments:

Vix said...

I'm sorry about the consultant, hope you get rescheduled very soon.
Those girls are gorgeous, I'm not a 1940s fan either but that dress has my heart racing!
I'm not into unimaginitive tacky floral bouquets, naff undies or boxes of chocs either. We wrap up silly things just as a token. Love should be 24/7 not just when Hallmark tell us. x

Used-to-Bees said...

Sorry to read about the cancellation - hope they give you a new appointment VERY soon! When Joe had his back problems, his op got postponed once and it's no fun waiting around when you're in such pain. The post about scheduling hit the spot with me as it's something I've been thinking about. And what a sweet dress! Enjoy that bottle of wine - we don't do Valentine's Day here either!
x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

We don't do much, but I'd miss not getting a card and nice meal at home. Thanks for the reading suggestions - that dress is amazing!

I turned up for a hospital appt recently to be told they'd been leaving messages to cancel - not on my phone number they hadn't. Grr. Hope you get things rescheduled asap.

Helga said...

EEEK! Charlottes frock is truly splendid!!
We don't do V Day either.WE're into spontaneous romance around here!
Bloody cancelation?! Bah! I do hope you get a prompt reschedule,darl.
XXX

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear the appointment was cancled hope you manage to get a new one real soon. It is hard trying to juggle everything. I have just canceled my facebook account not that i really used it much any more but i had a virus and thought its time to let it go. And as daft as it sounds its freed up a little more time for blogging. I have one day off a week so i plan to do mine then. But i can't manage any more than that. Im off to check those other blogs ;-) Thank you for your comments that flooring looks amazing in my hall it was £7.98 in B&Q it layed like a dream and is really warm under foot. dee x

doradadama said...

Wow I am mesmerized by that heart dress.
hope you got your appointment sorted.
I tried to tell Buddy that it doesn't matter but he is a a big romancer.
besos

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...