Thursday 16 February 2012

How time flies....

We have been in our house for 6 years today and boy has time flown! I look around and think oh there is still so much to do but then I look at the pictures of what it DID look like and think, ok, not bad on a limited income and the fact that the first 2 years we had to do stuff like boilers, bathrooms and major plumbing cos of the state of the place.

It's times like this that I realise being a perfectionist and always striving for the next thing  is not always great, sometimes you should appreciate where you have got to and just say, I did a great job! I'm very bad at this but this is a post almost to myself to say, you did a great job, ok it's not complete buy boy it's a darned sight better than it was.

My living room went from this - photo taken at viewing by the way, not our furniture! To this!




Our bathroom went from this, and yes that is carpet on the side of the bath! To this :o)



And our bedroom went from this hideousness to this, although I've done a bit more since, but the lighting is so bad at the moment that I can't take pics! Not great pictures but you can see the difference!




I'm a terrible one for seeing what I haven't done than looking at what I've achieved and at 45 I'm trying to change that, so this is a little pat on the back to me type of post!!

oooh and this week I finally got myself a camera tripod so I might finally be able to do some outfit type posts in the near future whoo hoo!

14 comments:

Mim said...

You have some really beautiful furniture there, and I love the green walls in the living room. Des res!

Used-to-Bees said...

Your house looks much more interesting and stylish now, so definitely well done!
x

Flamingo Amy Hair and MakeUp said...

Looks great Fiona! That dresser is very cute and I'm loivng the cocktail cabinet. Glad to see it put to use!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Your house looks brilliant! Will have to bear this in mind when we start looking to see past the hideous 80s horror decor (including carpeted - ick- bathrooms) and imagine what it will be like when we re-decorate it! :)

Vix said...

What a smashing transformation, I absolutely love your furniture and interior choices.
That's another thing we've got in common, we've both lived in our houses for exactly the same time, trouble is mine still looks like I've just moved in! x

Tara said...

WOW-EEE-WOW!! I am so amazed and inspired! Great work! I adore the furniture and the paint scheme! I so want to rob those housewares, esp the lamps!

Unknown said...

Oh Wow i love your frontroom. Those lamps are gorgeous and so is your glass cabinet on the wall and your cocktail cabinet well i just love it your a women after my own heart ;-) I think you have made an amazing transformation and you should be really proud. It takes time to build a home and fill it with things you love especially vintage items its always a work in progress i feel. Have a lovely weekend, dee x

Eartha Kitsch said...

You DID do a great job! Your house is beautiful, inviting and cheerful! And whoowhee...you've got some amazing furniture pieces.

Roxie Roulette said...

...Why was there carpet on the side of the bath? Very odd...

Lovely house though :)

Miss Magpie said...

I heart your cocktail cabinet so much in fact your whole sitting room is just gorgeous. Himself's parents bathroom had that carpet up the side of the bath thing going on too before they changed the flooring, it's just too weird for words...

Miss Rayne said...

Lovely stuff, particularly like the colour of the bathroom, we had a pink fluffy bathroom in our house when we first moved in too, with lovely lead water pipes!

Dina@VintageAdvantage said...

Your house looks amazing! I especially love the minty green color on the bathroom walls. I rented a house with carpet in the bathroom once...squish, squish, ewwwww!

art deco dame said...

Great job!

doradadama said...

You have some beautiful pieces of furniture.
you should be a decorator amor.
besios

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...